HOLY CLUBS!!! take the 21 day challenge
This teaching is designed to be taught in the small group of 3 over three weeks. Each take time to go over the sheet, talk about it, practice it, and then encourage each other in prayer. Then during the three weeks (21 days) take time daily to do a “21 day challenge”. This is when your large group (or your group of 3) sends scriptures/texts, for 21 days, to encourage each other to do this for 21 days. It takes 21 days to establish a pattern in your life (And then usually 21 days to break that pattern by establishing another). Therefore take 21 days to do this–even for just 5 minutes a day–and you adn your group will grow closer the the Holy Spirit, and have a greater sense of Holy Spirit lead community.
Resting…in the Holy Spirit…inside of you
WHO IS THE HOLY SPIRIT?
God/Spirit of Truth – “The Spirit of Truth…” (John 14:17)
Helper – “But the Helper the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send…” (John 14:26)
Teacher – “…the Father will send in My name, He will Teach you…” (John 14:26)
Testifies of Jesus – “…He will Testify of Me..” (John 15:26)
Leader/Guide – “…He the Spirit of Truth, He will guide you into all truth…” (John 16:13)
Searches the depth of the Father – “But God has revealed them to us through His Spirit. For the Spirit searches all things, yes, the deep things of God.” (1 Cor. 2:10)
Lead me not in temptation – “…Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us…” (Matt. 6:13)
WORK OF THE HOLY SPIRIT?
NEAR – The Holy Spirit is “near” you before your salvation to convict you of sin, righteousness and judgment. (John 16:8-11)
IN – The Holy Spirit is “in” you when you are born again. (Rom. 8:9; 2 Cor. 1:22)
ON – The Holy Spirit comes “on” us as anointing to accomplish His will. (Lu. 20:22; Acts 2
R – REST – Turn your heart towards the Holy Spirit of God inside you
We rest in Him, by TURNING to Him, and then we COME NEAR to Him. We are called to abide in the Word of God. He wants to speak to and encounter us more that we want to encounter Him (it is not our desire, which has brought us to this place—our desire for Him starts with His Desire for us; “For God so Loved…” (John 3:16). Jesus said, If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you (John 15:7). The psalmist said, “No good thing will He withhold from those who walk uprightly” (Psa. 84:11b).
TURN and COME NEAR (to the Holy Spirit inside of us)
For example: with the phrase “Our Father in Heaven” We want our spirit to TURN, inwardly, and COME NEAR to the Lord God inside of us (God, the Holy Spirit is inside of us; the Scripture states, “From his innermost being (belly, KJV) will flow rivers of living water; Jn. 7:38 NAS). Then, standing before the throne of God, we want to Rest in the Lord by continuing to turn closer and deeper into God. Rest before Him and delight to come closer.
A magnet draws or pulls metal to itself. A force that attracts or pulls the metal to itself surrounds the magnet. When a piece of metal gets closer to the magnet that force will draw the metal close until it is connected—then the two become one. The piece of metal sticks to the magnet and then the piece of metal will begin to act as a magnet to other pieces of metal.
The story of a magnet is how we want to respond to God. The DESIRE OF GOD is a Magnet drawing us to Him. We need to TURN (let go and let God; let go of everything that hinders us from knowing God; such as negative thoughts, pains from the past, weakness or others hindrances–let them go) and then COME NEAR to God. We come near by allowing the DESIRE of God draw or pull us near. All we have to do is TURN and COME NEAR—let Him draw you away to His love.
Practically – the Goal is to come into His Presence
- I close my outside eyes and open my inside eyes to the Holy Spirit in side of me.
- I gently and meekly, yet boldly approach the Throne of Grace
- Then I turn closer to Him inside of me; allowing His DEISRE to draw me away.
- Lastly, I say the scripture slowly to God, resting in between words to allow my spirit to Connect to the Holy Spirit inside of me.
E – Encounter – ask for the Holy Spirit to give you revelation, than yield to the Truth
Next, we want to encounter the Revelation that comes from God. Ask the Father to give you revelation from the scripture. Then come closer and ask for Truth. Next, we have to “Yield” to the revelation (YIELD –this means that we humbly and lovingly submit to the God and His Words as Supreme above our ideas or the ideas of man). We encounter the revelation by allowing the Word of God to read our heart (let the Word of God touch our hearts). We allow what the Holy Spirit speaks to come and penetrate the depths of our heart, soul, mind and strength. We encounter the revelation by yielding to what God says. We submit to the word of God as above everything we could, ideas, emotions or present circumstances.
- I ask the Father to grant me Revelation. Let our spirit ask the Holy Spirit; we don’t verbally speak out words at this point (remember we are speaking with our spirit not our outward words). I ask Him:
- What does this scripture show me about who You (God) are in this scripture?
- What do You (God) think and feel about this scripture?
- Wait for the Word to come to you…there is no hurry here…the goal is to encounter God…let the Word come inside you from the Holy Spirit.
- Then I come closer to the Holy Spirit…again slowly I say the scripture back to His Throne, pausing in between each word; again we are not using our outward voice.
- Wait until Revelation comes from the Holy Spirit
- When revelation comes Yield to it; let the revelation rest inside you.
- Write the Revelation down so that you can properly steward this.
S – Strengthen – let the revelation strengthen our inner man
Then we need to be strengthened by God. Paul prayed, “that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with might through His Spirit in the inner man” (Eph. 1:16). We do this by submitting to the Word and allowing the Word to come and strengthen us. We allow the Word to be our source of strength, our daily bread, which fills us and leads our life.
- Pray God Strengthen My heart, soul, mind and body so I can love you and others (1st and 2nd Commandment; Mark 12:29-31).
- Receive the Revelation as a gift from God.
- Slowly speak the Revelation into your heart (exactly how God gave it to you).
- Let the revelation “read my heart” (let the truth of God come inside your heart).
- Sincerely tell God how grateful you are (3 different ways).
- I BELIEVE—the truth by slowly saying the revelation back to Him (I do this a minimum of 3 times, but more so until the truth begins to dwell in my heart)
***Remember the goal is to be in His Presence and Believe the TRUTH of who His is and what He thinks about you and others. Speed is not that important, communion with God is.
T – Test it
We need to test the words that come to us. John preached, “Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world” (1 John 4:1). We need to be like the Bereans, who tested what was preached; “…they received the word with all readiness, and searched the Scriptures daily to find out whether these things were so” (Acts 17:10-11). Don’t be so open minded that your brains fall out. When considering revelation, ask questions: Does your word contradict the scripture, which is the plumb line for TRUTH? Are you going to harm yourself or others? Are you drastically coming off medicine you need to function? If you are answering yes to any of these questions then please take time to and get Godly council and prayer. Please don’t hurt yourself or others.
Practical – Testing what we see and hear
- I ask if the revelation I just got is in the bible or the theme can be found in the scripture?
- I ask if the revelation draws me closer to Jesus?
- I ask if there was a witness of the Holy Spirit (is this Truth, wisdom from God)?
- Is the revelation outside of the boundaries of what I should be getting (ex. you have special revelation, about God, or what He is doing, that no one else has)?
What is real and what is not?
I don’t assume everything I see or hear is from God. I may be worthless information or the Holy Spirit actually may be speaking. I like to take time to:
- Share it with those that I trust and I am in relationship with. (I suggest a minimum of 2 people. One that this is an older or more experienced mentor/friend, and then a pier, maybe someone from your holy club). This allows us to be accountable to others and the Lord.
- Pray – if the information that I need to talk about is really important then I want to pray (receive revelation, minister to Jesus, obey, justice)