The LOVE of … Tenderhearted Father
mediation – prayer – encoutner God – Holiness
Goals Group of 3
- Personal growth and accountability – 1st commandment growth so that you can do the 2nd commandment.
- Teaching – each week we will go over a short teaching, which will grow you in your life of holiness together.
- Serving brothers and sisters – others praying and serving another into the fullness of their calling.
- Freedom from sin – sharing wisdom, being there, keeping other accountable, praying and fasting until your holy brother or sister has freedom.
- Disciplines – walk forth in the disciplines with right motives.
- Personal Prayer and fasting – cultivating a lifestyle of prayer and fasting, keeping each other accountable helps us do it!!
Personal growth and accountability
A cord of 3 strains is not easily broken (Eccl. 4:12). Therefore, it is important that we gather in threes and strengthen each other. We strengthen each other to grow in the 1st commandment so that we can do the 2nd commandment. Our job is to allow God to move in our lives by the power of, His Word and Spirit, and through the encouragement of our brothers and sisters.
We do this by gathering once a week, strengthening and challenging each other. This time does not need to be longer than 45 minutes to an hour, and can easily be finished in a lunch break once a week. This time is set to help each other grow in the Love and Knowledge of God so that you can live out the fullness of the 1st commandment.
Each member should take a moment to share how they have grown in the to Love God (as from the meditation in holy Club last session) and be loved by God more this week. We start off each session by asking the questions from the “Group of 3 Questions”. Then Go over the short training together.
Weekly questions/tasks for group of 3
- Adopting LOVE of the Father; “having predestined us to adoption as sons by Jesus…(Eph. 1:5); cause you to grow in the first commandment to love God with your whole heart, soul, mind, and strength?
- Go over the “Encountering God” sheet.
- How did this teaching change your personal life before God?
“The LORD, The LORD God, Merciful, Gracious, longsuffering, and abounding in goodness and truth, keeping mercy for thousands, forgiving iniquity and transgression and sin, by no means clearing the guilty, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children and the children’s children to the third and fourth generation.” (Ex. 34:6-7)
Encounter God: FIRST read the scripture over slowly. SECOND, close your eyes, Go to God, ask for the Holy Spirit to teach you all things, Let Him guide you to the Truth. THIRD, say the scripture slowly pausing for God to reveal Himself—to reveal TRUTH. Forth, answer the questions accordingly. REMEMBER talk to God, not just about Him.
What does this scripture show me about who YOU (God) are?
What does this scripture show me about what YOU (God) think about me?
How then shall I pray/obey