HUMILITY. HOLINESS. HARVEST
God is humbling the church; inviting us into HOLINESS #Jesus@doorknocking A Harvest is coming!!
Jesus is humbling the church; inviting us into holiness, and it is important that we respond rightly and perhaps God will send an Acts 2 outpouring in this nation.
- PRAY Psalm 2 – The nations and kings of the earth are standing, united, against God and against Jesus.
- GATHER JOEL 2:12-17 – How should the church respond? We need to humble ourselves, publically repent, fast, and pray and gather in solemn assemblies.
- BELIEVE Acts 2:17-21 – What will God do? If we fast and pray, perhaps God will send—REVIVAL— renewing the church and saving our lost neighbors.
Josh Duggar, and his family, are going through a very hard time as the past sins of Josh come to light (he is now forgiven; read how I told my 5 children about Josh) and this should send the fear of the Lord into the church. God sent a warning to the early church not to lie to the Holy Spirit (see Ananias, with Sapphira), and today He is warning us to humble ourselves, repent, rend our hearts, fast, and pray (see Ps. 2; Joel 2:12-17).
God does not leave us in our past sin, but opens us up to salvation, and then we walk in a life of holiness. Jesus did not leave Josh in his sin, because he humbled himself and repented (this is available to all). Today, God is calling the church deep into a place of holiness. Holiness is not an option in the Christian walk; it is not what we have to do, but what we get to do. God is Holy, therefore, we are called to be holy just as God is Holy (For more on holiness see my article here). Today, we must embrace the call from Holy Spirit, and together with us, walk forth in holiness; asking God to revive US again.
But God is soooo Merciful, and Gracious. If we respond rightly He will hear from Heaven, and perhaps…we will see an Acts 2:17-21 outpouring on the land. The Holy Spirit wants to give us the greatest joy, power at the preaching of the Gospel of Jesus Christ; HARVEST OF SOULS; Luke 4:18; The backslidden, the hurting, the lost delivered. But we must humble ourselves, publically repent, fast and pray, enter a life of holiness; we must becoming living testimonies, un-ashamed of our past, allowing God to use our life for His purpose; perhaps—REVIVAL—will touch the church and then our neighbors.
How should the church respond?
- Humble ourselves “Repent Publically” – We, in the church, should repent before God of our sin; ask Him to cleanse us; share our sin with another and get prayer. What if we actually repented publically before the Holy Spirit exposes us like He did with Ananias, with Sapphira?
- Teach – We need to teach bible truths about sin to the church—just start with the church. We need to rend our hearts; we need to turn from our sin; we need to humble ourselves; we need to have our churches look like the church in the bible.
- Fast – this is a time to fast; fasting is not just abstaining from something, it is setting your heart towards God; fasting does not earn us anything; when we fast, we become weak; God increases and we decrease; (more on fasting here).
- Pray – we must pray for the church in this hour; we must pray for the lost; we must pray for God to turn this Nation to Godliness and Righteousness.
What must I do to be saved?
America we need God to awaken our conscience. We have strayed so far from God we call evil good and good evil (Isa. 5:20). What happened to us? Today is the day we must turn to the Father in Heaven who loves you and:
- Acknowledge that Jesus is God’s Son, He is God, He is Righteous. (John 3:16; Romans 10:9) Ask the Holy Spirit to convict us of our sin (John 16:9)
- We must repent of our sin; confess our sin to God and tell Him, I am wrong, please forgive me.
- Pray this prayer If you understand that you are a sinner and in need of salvation through Jesus Christ, here is a sinner’s prayer you can pray to God: “God, I know that I am a sinner. I know that I deserve the consequences of my sin. However, I am trusting in Jesus Christ as my Savior. Cleanse me from my sin, take the debt of my sin, make me a new creation—make me holy like You are holy.”
- Tell a friend you prayed to ask Jesus into your heart.
- Be filled with the Holy Spirit (Romans 8:10-11)
- Read your bible
- Watch this video about the CROSS of JESUS CHRIST.
- Pray daily with others.